Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monthly Homework Assignment - October's Party



October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came,—
The Ashes, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
And every thing was grand;
Miss Weather led the dancing;
Professor Wind, the band....
The sight was like a rainbow
New-fallen from the sky....
~George Cooper, "October’s Party"


This month’s assignment was difficult for me until something clicked.  October’s Party.. hmmm…  What better party in October than the annual vampyre celebration, The Endless Night?  This poem has been interpreted by me through pics of my previous years at the NYC Endless night.  It is usually held the first weekend in October.  The ones I have pictured were taken at Drom and outside of Drom.  

Strangely, I’m not finding any info on this year’s event.  I wasn’t going to attend anyways because I have a newborn at home.  Still, I would have liked to include info about this year's event.  The big Vampire Ball in New Orleans looks like it’s going to AMAZING.  You can find out more here.  NOLA is the place to be this year.  The Vampire Lestat Ball will be awesome because it will coincide with the release of the latest, and long awaited, installment of the Vampire Chronicles, The Prince Lestat.  Anne Rice will be there.  Two huge parties in one place.  I wish I could be there.

Ah well, there’s always another time.  Until then, here are fond memories of my favorite October Party…

Me and the darling, Veronica Malkavia

The late Jeniviva



My husband and I

Caught stomping on the dance floor


Me, my BFF's mom and my bestest friend in the entire world, Emerald's Fyre


9 comments:

  1. Oh my god I would love to go to a vampire ball. Nothing like that takes place in my city, the goth scene went under ten years ago! I guess I can just throw a vampire party myself, maybe next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goth scene here is null. I have to travel to NYC, where I grew up, to do anything cool :(

      Delete
  2. AH HA! I knew you looked familiar!!! I haven't been to Endless Night, but I HAVE seen you and your husband around. I haven't heard anything about the party either ... though I am rather out of the loop. Ed and I are planning to make our return to the scene at some point in November or December when life calms down enough to do something fun.

    Thanks for participating ... and if you ever want to grab coffee or lunch send me a message. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I grew up in NYC and I love to visit and go to the vampy parties. I will definitely get a hold of you when I'm in town again.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Iam from Montreal but I sometimes go to NYC. i have not been in a long time but next time I plan a trip, I will let you know :) I love your pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know, for sure. I grew up there but I live in Indiana now :( But I would love to meet up sometime

      Delete
  4. That party looks great, and I love all you guys' outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Endless Night sounds like the modern version of Gala Nocturna, but anywasy, it's awesome! Even though I don't dress goth on a daily basis anymore, I'd love to go to a vampire ball sometime. ^^ You guys looked cute, I love your red tights! ;)

    ReplyDelete