Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Bat Fit 2014!!

The Curious Professor Z has relaunched Bat Fit this year.  I was pregnant when it originally launched.  You can read about it here.  I'm joining in this time.

I am at the heaviest I have ever been when not pregnant.  I got up to 225lbs with this guy.  It has been 3 weeks since delivering an 11lbs 11oz baby boy.  I am at 186lbs currently.  I do not plan on anything aggressive; no crash diet or rigorous exercise program.  That's not a good way to lose weight and it doesn't sound healthy to me.  Also, I am breastfeeding so I have my little guy to think about too.  But that is no excuse to emotionally eat.

I realized yesterday I am an emotional eater.  I don't know how I was unaware of this for so long.  I eat when I'm bored.  I eat when I'm stressed.  I eat to procrastinate.  It has gotten me here, on the verge of diabetes and miserable.  I can't fit any of my clothes.  I refuse to buy bigger clothes.  I don't like what I see in the mirror.

I was officially diagnosed with depression and anxiety 2 years ago.  I was diagnosed with depression but left it untreated when I was a teen.  I still suffer from it but after therapy sessions, I have learned ways to deal with it.  I haven't had a panic attack in over a year.  The depression...  I haven't found a "cure" or found a way to alleviate it yet.  But I have hope that someday in my future, I will come out of it.

According to HealthCentral, my ideal body weight is 132-145 lbs.  I need to lose 40lbs.  I can do that in a year, I think.

My Bat Fit Goals...

  • Drink more water.  I've been drinking a lot of soda lately.  I have to get away from that
  • Be accountable.  I will post progress pics and stats about every other week
  • Eat home more.  We eat out way too much
  • Exercise.  I have an elliptical at home I can use.  It's low impact so I doubt my doctor will worry too much about me using it
  • Do Zumba at home.  I have some DVDs as well as Wii games.  I need to dust them off and get moving
  • Use the MyFitnessPal app... for real.  I've downloaded it so many times and deleted it because I don't use it.  If I track what I eat, it really does help me make better eating decisions.
There you go.  This will be fun.

5 comments:

  1. You can do it! What I did with my son is I used a sling or a Mobi wrap (I think it is called that) and I had him on me while I went for walks. I also sometimes wore it in the house with him in while I did chores.It is an amazing workout. I agree, you just had a baby so please try to rest up. I hope he sleeps the nights real soon :) I am also diagnosed with depression and anxiety. i do not take meds but see a therapist, it helps. You CAN do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Thank you! It's good to hear I'm not alone. I've never tried a wrap. I've been looking to get one though. I'll check out Mobi wraps

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I can't fit any of my clothes. I refuse to buy bigger clothes. I don't like what I see in the mirror."

    OMG wow, that line you wrote perfectly describes what I'm going through too. Best of luck with the BatFit Goals! I'll try my best to do 2-3 of them with you because I need to and for morale support! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think holding myself accountable will be the goal that will actually work for me. I haven't decided how I'll do it... Pics and stats for sure. I'll be rooting for you too!

      Delete