I am at the heaviest I have ever been when not pregnant. I got up to 225lbs with this guy. It has been 3 weeks since delivering an 11lbs 11oz baby boy. I am at 186lbs currently. I do not plan on anything aggressive; no crash diet or rigorous exercise program. That's not a good way to lose weight and it doesn't sound healthy to me. Also, I am breastfeeding so I have my little guy to think about too. But that is no excuse to emotionally eat.
I realized yesterday I am an emotional eater. I don't know how I was unaware of this for so long. I eat when I'm bored. I eat when I'm stressed. I eat to procrastinate. It has gotten me here, on the verge of diabetes and miserable. I can't fit any of my clothes. I refuse to buy bigger clothes. I don't like what I see in the mirror.
I was officially diagnosed with depression and anxiety 2 years ago. I was diagnosed with depression but left it untreated when I was a teen. I still suffer from it but after therapy sessions, I have learned ways to deal with it. I haven't had a panic attack in over a year. The depression... I haven't found a "cure" or found a way to alleviate it yet. But I have hope that someday in my future, I will come out of it.
According to HealthCentral, my ideal body weight is 132-145 lbs. I need to lose 40lbs. I can do that in a year, I think.
My Bat Fit Goals...
- Drink more water. I've been drinking a lot of soda lately. I have to get away from that
- Be accountable. I will post progress pics and stats about every other week
- Eat home more. We eat out way too much
- Exercise. I have an elliptical at home I can use. It's low impact so I doubt my doctor will worry too much about me using it
- Do Zumba at home. I have some DVDs as well as Wii games. I need to dust them off and get moving
- Use the MyFitnessPal app... for real. I've downloaded it so many times and deleted it because I don't use it. If I track what I eat, it really does help me make better eating decisions.